Today, as you can see, I am late in getting this up. I am in the middle of editing too books, writing too books, studying WWII, reading books for reviews, and FINALLY fixing the formatting mistakes on A Stretch of Loyalty.. Which is why it can't be bought right now. (As a side note, one of the books I am editing is John's first book. You remember John, right? My pet baby hedgehog who makes sure I eat and does Young NaNo and gets into trouble and blogs and keeps my life interesting? Yes, him. His book is going to be published this year.)
For now though, the LOTR party.
Today I get to make you sit and listen to my favourite book or movie or both. You get both. So go and grab some tea, even though I kinda have to keep this short. Formatting is calling, Band of Brothers, a dress needs sewed....oh yes, and I am reading A Higher Call and something happened, something which requires me to keep reading so I can find out what happens next. Something which involves me shouting FRANZ! CHARLIE! BLACKIE! ECKY! RUSSIAN! And so on.
Back to LOTR yet again.
My favourite book and movie isn't hard to pick. Both are the same. The Return of the King.
And here are the reasons why.
1. ARAGORN'S EPIC SWORD
2. The ghosty army and their quotable "We fight." You have no idea how often I go around hissing that.
*Sneaks up behind people. Reflects. Shifts half dead face.* "WE FIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!"
3. Peter Jackson's death.
4. Aragorn and the seeing stone in the book. Best. Scene. EVER
5. Aragorn's Epic Sword of amazingness.
6. Gimli blowing ghosties away
7. Eomer crying over Eowyn and breaking hearts everywhere
8. Aragorn's Epic Super Long Sword Which Should Have Made All The Armies Surrender
9. Pippin's smug little smirk of "About time" when everyone bowed to the Hobbits
10. Elrond crying his eyes out over giving up his daughter to Aragorn
11. Aragorn's Epic Sword When He Jumped Off The Ship
12. Aragorn's smug, "This army" line
13. Faramir realizing his dad was an insane nut and there is no point in living a miserable life trying to please an insane nut so might as well smiling charmingly at the lovely wounded girl and sweep her off her feet with endearing lines while her brother is away, about to be killed, and can't pitch you off the tower for flirting with his adorable, blond, baby sister
14. Faramir and Eowyn happy.
15. Eowyn's look of "Hi, Aragorn. This is my boyfriend, and he's blond and cute. and I think I'll keep him."
16. Aragorn's Epic Sword He Should Have Given Me When He Was Done With It
17. Aragorn's Epic Speech
18. Aragorn lobbing off the head of the Mouth of Sauron because he didn't brush his teeth
19. Eomer sitting over Eowyn after she'd been wounded and looking like he'd spent the whole night crying his poor eyes out
20. THE EPIC BATTLES BECAUSE I LOVE EPIC FINAL BATTLES
21. Eomer ruining the Oliphant's happy, enjoying his job rider's day at work by throwing a spear in his chest.
22. Legolas and the Oliphant and Gimli's envy of his lack of Elven skills and his retaliation of, "It still only counts as one."
23. ARAGORN'S EPIC SWORD
Quote is from Into the Woods.